Cowgirl Golf set to open MountainView Collegiate this weekend
STILL WATER – Oklahoma State’s No. 5 women’s golfer returns to the course this weekend for MountainView Collegiate at Mountain View Golf Club in Tucson, Arizona.
The Cowgirls won the individual and team titles at this event in 2021. The OSU team’s 844-hole score over 54 holes was the second-best in tournament history for an event dating back to 1999 .
The 54-hole tournament is scheduled to begin Friday with a tee shot at 10 a.m. CT for the first 18 holes, followed by two rounds of 18 holes played Saturday and Sunday at par-72, 6,352 yards.
The 16-team tournament features 12 opponents from Big Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma, TCU and Texas Tech in addition to Missouri, Arkansas, Florida, Houston, North Texas, San Jose, from Southern Mississippi, Texas A&M, Tulsa and UNLV. 90 student-athletes will compete for the individual championship.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Live scores will be available on birdiefire.com and on the team’s social media as they become available.
THE LAST TIME
- Oklahoma State finished third for the third straight tournament after posting an 854 at the Florida Gators Invitational on March 5-6. OSU has yet to finish a tournament outside the top 3 in the standings after winning its first four tournaments to start the year.
- In his eight appearances for Oklahoma State this season, Maddison Hinson-Tolchard averaged a score of 70.95 in 21 rounds of work in his sophomore season. She notably won the Rapsodo Match In the Desert on January 23 and recorded seven top 20 finishes.
- Han-Hsuan Yu has five tournament appearances this season for the Cowgirls, averaging 72.27 in 15 rounds. She has notably finished in the top 10 in consecutive tournaments (ICON Invitational and Florida Gators Invitational).
- Clemence Martin came out strong to start her first campaign in Stillwater averaging 71.88 over 17 rounds of play. She posted five top-20 finishes and three runs in the 60s.
- Lianna Bailey traveled with the Cowgirls to six tournaments this season averaging 73.06 in 17 rounds. She won four top-20 finishes and three rounds in the ’60s.
- Hailey Jones recorded his first collegiate tournament win at the Dale McNamara Invitational this season. Jones averaged 73.47 in six tournaments.
For more Cowgirls news, keep checking out okstate.com.